Sunday, September 4, 2011

Who's a Sook!

Andrew – I am a sook and everyone knows it. I will cry at the drop of a hat and television shows bring me undone on a regular basis. Gusband can often be found rolling his eyes at me and handing me a tissue. So is it because I wear my heart on my sleeve or am I just a big fat cry baby? Perhaps it’s a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.


So what’s brought me undone on the box? Here’s just a few and believe me this is just the tip of the iceburg.
·      The news. Lately the Morcombe case has had me on the verge of tears on a regular basis;
·      Chris Bath on Sunday night presented a story about soldiers and their views on being in Afghanistan. Big strong men crying turns me into a blubbery mess;


·      Remember when Molly died on A Country Practice? The nation bawled but as a wee lad I was inconsolable;

·      There was a greeting card commercial on the television a few years ago. An old lady would go everyday to her mailbox and she would never receive anything. A neighbour saw this and wrote her a card and put it in her mailbox which made the elderly lady very happy. Christ on crutches I could start crying again just thinking about the happy look on her face;
·      There was an episode of Melrose Place where the gay character Matt, was fostering a child and eventually had to give her up. When they were saying goodbye at the airport I lost the plot completely! How pathetic;

Don’t even go there with the movies Beaches or Stepmom. It’s always embarrassing leaving the cinema with puffy eyes. Perhaps this is why I always carry tissues. I thought it was a habit I got into while teaching, I hate snot and if a child had green gunk pouring from their nose I would hand them a tissue and tell them to clean themselves up. Really, it’s in case I come across something that will send me into floods of tears.


So I guess you could say I’m living on the edge. I cry when I’m happy and cry when I’m sad. I wonder if it has anything to do with my consumption of Hendricks Gin? Nah that couldn’t be it.
What brings you undone campers?


Lucy - Now we all know why the TV isn't on very often at your place, there is not enough tissues in the OC to handle the flood. 


I am sure that it is not all Gin & tears at Castello Edwardo, although no one can fault you for crying over Beaches and that greeting card commercial. 


You are a sook & it's ok, 
better out than in I say,
the Gin is flowing
and the tears are growing
Gusbands knowing
....
I have lost my train of thought as Sawusbands contribution is:
There once was a man from Nantucket.  
Thanks Sawusband now i'll never finish it.


I should have been a poet, a bad poet.



You are a sook & it's ok,  better out than in I say.

Happy crying, campers!




No comments:

Post a Comment